Ohio Buckeye Trivia Playing Cards from Real Souvenir Playing Cards
Buckeye Playing Cards feature not only fun "buckeye" facts, places to view buckeye trees and buckeye history, but they take a look at the natural side of buckeyes. A great deck for the Buckeye fan or collector who wants to find out more about why Ohioans are called 'BUCKEYES".
Check out fun cards like...
- Seven of Hearts - How to plant a buckeye tree?
- King of Clubs - How many species of buckeyes there are in North America?
- Five of Diamonds - Who was the first person called a buckeye back in 1788?
- Five of Hearts - How to make buckeye candy?
- Six of Diamonds - How many Ohio businesses use the "Buckeye" name?
- Ace of Spades - Where the largest Ohio Buckeye tree is in Ohio.
- Ten of Diamonds - When did OSU adopt the "buckeye" as its mascot?
- Queen of Hearts - Who wore buckeye necklaces BEFORE OSU fans?
- King of Diamonds - How in the world did a buckeye get its name?
- Ace of Daimonds - Which president used buckeyes in his presidential campaign?
One of the most popular cards has been the:
"You might be a buckeye if..."
- You even know what a buckeye is.
- You wear poisonous nuts around your neck.
- Your school closes for deer season.
- You know what "knee-high by the 4th of July" means.
...and many more.
The card back design for the Buckeye Playing Cards gives you a little taste of Ohio and a lot of class. The card back features original artwork from Debbie Chapman of Chapman Designs. You can view the card back design by clicking on the small image to the left.
Be sure to buy 2 decks of these awesome playing cards. One deck to play with, read and learn more about buckeyes, and the other deck to store away and collect.
What is the Difference between Bridge and Poker Sized Playing Cards?
Often times the size of a playing card is referred to as a "narrow" or "wide" deck of cards. While the narrow/bridge decks (2-1/4" x 3-1/2") are called "bridge" size, the wide/poker decks (2-1/2" x 3-1/2") are called "poker" sized.
FACT: BOTH sizes are usable for any normal card game as they are really just normal decks that are a different width. So it really doesn't make any difference which size deck you choose.
- It is said that the bridge sized decks were made for the "ladies" so that it was easier to hold.
- Often times the bridge or narrow sized decks do make it easier to hold more cards in your hand.
- In the U.S. the "poker" sized are considered the "normal" size.
- In pretty much the rest of the world, the "bridge" sized cards are considered the "normal" size.
Again, please remember that you can use the "bridge" or "poker" sized decks for pretty much any card game. The only difference is one is a 1/4" narrower than the other.
Some times we offer various other "sizes" of playing cards. They may be "enlarged" or larger than normal decks or they may also be smaller than normal decks.
Another varience on the "size" would be what we call "shaped" cards. The shaped cards have taken various shapes over the years and change in popularity. They do offer a nice change of pace to a normal deck of cards.
- Poker Size (2-1/2 x 3-1/2)
This is a list of various manufacturers and publishers that Newt's uses to offer you the widest selection of games, puzzles, card games and so much more.
Send to friend
No posts found